Monday, March 28, 2011

life goes to the birds

Over the week last week everytime I took my dog out to the bathroom, I would see tons of birds. Now this isn't out of the ordinary. We have what's left of a hedge and it has tons of berries, trees growing in it etc. and this really brings birds here. There is a cardinal couple who has been hopping about out there and last year there was a cardinal family that lived there. So Emily and I decided that it wasn't fair to the birds that the ground is frozen over and can't get food. Then following in the wake of my sister over at A Very Dandoislion Life we decided to feed those little peeps:) So I bought birdseed on Saturday night and we made a soda bottle feeder, and hung it outside. It's only been there since yesterday morning so the birds haven't located it yet, but I think it will be a very happening spot.  Here are some pics!









So anyway, here's to hoping the birds think we worked hard enough to feed them that they come and visit. Cause I had a lot of fun and I know Emily did!

1 comment:

  1. I love this! Those pics of Em are so cute. You're an awesome mom.

    ReplyDelete