I haven't posted anything interesting in a while. I know this. It's not my fault. Why it's not my fault I don't know. But whatever. So this will be a long post and it will go in no particular order.
1. I watched the first episode of New Girl with Zooey Deschanel. I love her. Love the show and feel like maybe there is part of me in that show.
2. I miss NYC desperately. Started watching the show Rescue Me and combine that with the 10 year anniversary of September 11, I am desperate to get back there.
3. Kayla turned 10 August 16th. We went mini golfing and I thought I was going to die of heat.
And then there's me.
4. Kayla wanted cookies instead of cake...bummer for me
5. I taught myself to knit, although I did mention that in a previous post I thought I would share a couple of cruddy pictures of my awesomeness
The blue one is the first I did. the purple is Emily's. She forced me to knit as fast as possible. I mean, that when I would rest my hands for a few minutes, she would come over and place the needles back in my hands. Serious Slave Driver.
6. Kayla started 5th grade. I think had i been feeling better I would have cried. Next year I will have a middle school and a kindergartner!! YIKES!! I will bawl at drop of next year!
Emily and Kayla on Kayla's first day of school. Note the Safety Patrol Badge. She is an important kid!!
7. I was really sick for about a week. Glad that's over!
8. Finally something that makes me really happy. Rob Thomas was voted the #5 best songwriter of the decade. And I love him. And know every song. So in tribute to him check out their Youtube channel. It's awesome!!
Anyway, that's all for now, more to come!!