Saturday, May 14, 2011

crazy birds!

So it has finally been a smidge warmer around here, though the forecast for the next 10 days is rain 9 of them, but for a few days there was sun. The birds were killing me, and 1 bird in particular was like a one bird show for me for several days. Bordering my yard is a neighbor's garage. It's window is about 1 foot across from this pink flowering bush in my hedge. This bird, sees the reflection of the tree in the window and keeps trying to land on it. It is so persistent in fact, that Em and I scared it away because we were so loud, it came back about an hour later an continued. Then later in the evening, several times the next day, and several times the next day.




My dog thinks the bird is a moron and finally got so used to the sound of his beak on the glass that it stopped bothering.

For the first time in my life, I saw Orioles. I first saw them I think last weekend and thought maybe they were stopping by. Now almost every time I am out in the yard I see them and managed to snap a few shots of them before I scared them.




The pictures aren't great but they were the best I could get while on the phone, and a 4 year old tugging my arm.



I love my girls. The end.

1 comment:

  1. LOVE the pictures of the girls. Gorgeous as always. I'm feeling kind of bad for that poor delusional bird. It must be REALLY messed up for Neptune to give up on it.

    ReplyDelete